New Member Intro

silvenes

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 10, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Morning all!

I've been checking out this forum since I started my building my flock back in the summer of 2017, though it's taken me a while to join. Right now I have 6 girls, all Easter Eggers, and they've been good, solid layers all winter long. I love the ladies; they're sweet and fun, and this has been one of the most fun decisions I've made. I will admit, though, sending the other 10 roosters to freezer camp was simultaneously a good learning experience and not something either my husband or I are eager to repeat. We'll try and limit ourselves to pullets/hens from here on out in any of our next purchases!

Outside of my newly developed Chicken hobby, which has become rather ridiculously time consuming, I spend my free time with my husband (obviously), and our three dogs and cat. I also love to cook, write and play piano, and, of course, obsess over my next chickens. I'd like to bring our flock up to 8 to 10 chickens, so right now I'm just trying not to purchase any of those adorable chicks I keep seeing come up for sale on the various facebook groups I'm in. Easier said than done, it seems.

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

G’Day from down under silvenes :frow Welcome!

I am pleased you delurked and hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom