New Member Intro!

TheRealDelia

Chirping
Dec 19, 2020
Massachusetts
Hey all!

New member here. My name is Delia. I'm 31 and live in a Right To Farm community in New England. Thanks for letting me join!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New? Yes and no. I had some chickens I cared for with my ex years back. However his setup wasn't ideal, and I wasn't as well educated in it as I am now. I've been preparing for my first flock of my own in my first home. They will be here in May 2021!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

None, yet. 14 ordered (plus 1 mystery chick!) for the Spring.

(3) What breeds do you have?

When they arrive, I will have:

Hens: Buff Laced Polish (1), RI Reds (2), Gold Laced Wyandottes (2), Silver Laced Wyandottes(2), Crevecoeur (1), Golden Polish (1), Americauna (1), Sicilian Buttercup (1), Buff Cochin (1), Silver Laced Cochins (2)

Rooster: Light Brahma (1)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Watching their antics, socializing with them, and teaching/training them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Landscaping, Reading, Drinking around a big fire with my friends and loved ones.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a wonderful boyfriend. We just bought our first house back in August, in a farm community on 8 acres! It is an absolute dream come true and I cannot wait to start homesteading!

I'm a Project Coordinator for a Home Improvement Contactor in Massachusetts. We do insulation and install other energy saving measures in residential homes all over the state.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC through online research. I decided to join so I would have a forum to reach out to others who are like-minded and doing similar things to myself in raising chickens. To gain and lend support and above all to increase my knowledge about the wonderful new adventure I'll be taking!

I read the bio. Yay,:ya:weewe have another "Crazy Chicken Lady"!:D
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom