New member Intro

Hippychickmom

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2021
Hi I’m Lori. I’m a mom to 4 great kids, wife to my hubs and a registered hospice nurse. My husband and I have raised chickens in the past and now that we’re in a place that feels like home and has more room we’re excited to do so again.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We first raised chickens about 10 years ago. We moved to SC from MI and gave them to a friend that had a homestead and was raising chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We just bought 10 chickens 2 weeks ago.

(3) What breeds do you have? We have 2 of each: Jersey Giants, Australorps, Orpingtons, Isa Browns, and Olive Eggers. We’ve raised all of these in the past except for the Olive Eggers 😊

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? We love the fresh eggs!!!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
We love to garden and enjoy time outside in the fresh air.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. As stated earlier, I’m a nurse, my husband works in a green house, we have 3 grown kids and our little one is 5 and she has Down Syndrome. She loves the Isa Brown chicks.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I found the site about 5 years ago and decided to come back to learn all the tips and tricks I could to raise happy healthy chicks!

1618781013772.png

Back
Top Bottom