New member intro!

MomOfBantams

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2021
Michigan
Hello fellow chicken friends! Sharing a quick intro as I just joined the community!

We became chicken owners in 2019. We purchased a variety pack of day-old Bantam chicks (5 of them), which included a Mottled Cochin, Mille Fleur d'Uccle, 2 Silkies (one grey, one white), and a Porcelain d'Uccle. The Porcelain turned out to be a rooster, so we had to re-home him. Our 2 silkies have since passed due to hawks :( . We have had 2 broody hens hatch fertile eggs for us the last two summers, so we currently have 8 chickens roaming our backyard!

Our current breeds include the Mottled Cochin and Mille Fleur from our original flock. We hatched 2 chicks last summer and their breed is mixed/unknown (we think they are both part Silkie...one appears to be part Polish and other part Cochin? The cochin is a fluffy frizzle!). Our latest hatch included 4 chicks: a Lavender D'anver and 3 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. Phew, that is a mouthful!! We definitely have a lot of variety in our flock!

My favorite aspect of raising chickens is how they all have their unique personalities. I also love seeing my daughter with them....she loves them all so much and really enjoys raising them.

I joined this awesome community for help and advice on raising chickens.

Back
Top Bottom