New member intro

20211007_104542.jpg

Kudos to you for helping injured animals. As a kid, I was always bringing something home some critter that needed help. My mother -- who was terrified of snakes -- was especially unhappy with the garter snake that looked like it had been hit with a hoe. I kept pouring some kind of antibiotic onto it daily until the hole healed. Mom was happy when I released it!

I can also identify with your hobbies -- sounds a lot like mine.

I saw your post about the injured chick but I think someone else can offer better advice given that you don't have access to a vet or medicine. My only suggestion might be to soak her leg in warm water with Epsom salts to help with the foot swelling. It COULD be that she's stepped on something that has caused a small infection. MAYBE cleaning the foot with hydrogen peroxide would help?

Welcome to BYC; best wishes to you and her.
Luckily we have epsom salt. I soaked the leg the warm water, for two days and I think that did wonders. At first, parts of the leg like the toes looked like they were lame but I noticed yesterday that they're much better. The chick is still limping a little bit but the little thing is hopping about😁 So the suggestion went a long way, thanks you!

Back
Top Bottom