New Member Intro

King Reuben

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2024
I'm a long-time chicken owner, I have about 41 at the moment and we live on Maui. My chickens (mostly roosters) are rescues and most have disabilities.
We will be moving to the mainland soon (by "we" I mean me and my roosters and chickens) for bigger land (which is too expensive here).
I joined because whenever I have a question, Google brings me this site to answer it. So, I figure we're a fine fit to belong.
By the way, King Reuben was my 3rd rooster. He had one leg on account of being hit by a car (and that's how we came by him, he was only weeks-old. He passed away a year ago and he'll never be forgot, and will always be missed dearly.

Glad to meet you and welcome to BYC. You are so good to rescue roosters - they need it for sure! Condolences on your loss of King Reuben. What a tough little guy he must have been! :hugs

Here's an article that may be useful, no matter how much experience you have!

BYC Lists of Chicken Ailments and Cures

To look for articles on your own:

A. Use the SEARCH button, but use the Advanced Search choice, and select ARTICLES at the top of the box. Just enter your keyword(s) and scroll through your results!

B. I find it helpful to notice the rating and reviews. All articles are by BYC members, and all the reviews/ratings are as well. The ratings help a newbie like me sort the most useful and reliable articles.

C. You can bookmark the articles or posts you think you want to refer to again using that bookmark icon at the top of articles or posts. You can find them again by clicking on your own avatar and looking at the list of bookmarks you have built up!

Back
Top Bottom