New Member Intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by KrisH, May 25, 2011.

1. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow I joined BYC forum, who would have thought, I would have chickens and soon Guineas.

My name is Kris and my husband is Robert. We have purchased our first fowls. He brought home 9 chickens just before easter, and we still have 8. We lost one a week ago to a red tail [​IMG]. We are the kind of people who really research before jumping into the fire. I also breed and show dogs, we have 3, and we also have 4 horses.

Robert decided on the chicken idea for basic bug control, and that brought us to also going for the guineas.

I am getting so much mixed info that I finally decided joining a forum would be a good place for help. Of course I realize there will be difference opinion here too.

I look forward to learning and doing right by our new family memebers.

Kris & Robert

2. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your birds.

3. Oghdoff

Oghdoff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    SE Texas
    [​IMG] I have found that even if I cannot find and answer here, I use google and it leads me right back here to a thread I missed [​IMG]

4. Tiffytoodles

Tiffytoodles Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    Idaho
    I have found the same thing! Every time I google something it leads me right back here to a thread I missed. I LOVE THIS PAGE! It's addicting! [​IMG]

5. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] BYC IS everything chickens!

6. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry about that Red tail,. we have lost one to a hawk as well,. you will find they are high up on the list of predators ,. you will also learn a lot about everything else poultry as well. I like that you researched before you started,.

Welcome to BYC from Louisiana!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

8. CaroleW

CaroleW Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2011
    Welcome! I also researched for months before getting my pullets just this month.

I feel like I'm back in 4H again (but I never took any animal classes then). It's so much fun! And my city-boy husband is happy that his dog is enjoying chicken watching- now the dog has a job!

CaroleW

9. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG] This is definitely the place for all things poultry! I'd love to have guineas someday....

10. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Pennsylvania!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by