New Member Intro

KrisH

Songster
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Gray Court, South Carolina
Wow I joined BYC forum, who would have thought, I would have chickens and soon Guineas.

My name is Kris and my husband is Robert. We have purchased our first fowls. He brought home 9 chickens just before easter, and we still have 8. We lost one a week ago to a red tail
sad.png
. We are the kind of people who really research before jumping into the fire. I also breed and show dogs, we have 3, and we also have 4 horses.

Robert decided on the chicken idea for basic bug control, and that brought us to also going for the guineas.

I am getting so much mixed info that I finally decided joining a forum would be a good place for help. Of course I realize there will be difference opinion here too.

I look forward to learning and doing right by our new family memebers.

Kris & Robert

Oghdoff

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2011
SE Texas
welcome-byc.gif
I have found that even if I cannot find and answer here, I use google and it leads me right back here to a thread I missed
th.gif

Tiffytoodles

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 25, 2011
Idaho
I have found the same thing! Every time I google something it leads me right back here to a thread I missed. I LOVE THIS PAGE! It's addicting!
cool.png

BayouPoules

Songster
10 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Lacombe, Louisiana
My Coop
My Coop
So sorry about that Red tail,. we have lost one to a hawk as well,. you will find they are high up on the list of predators ,. you will also learn a lot about everything else poultry as well. I like that you researched before you started,.

Welcome to BYC from Louisiana!!!
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

CaroleW

Free Ranging
10 Years
May 13, 2011
AZ
Welcome! I also researched for months before getting my pullets just this month.

I feel like I'm back in 4H again (but I never took any animal classes then). It's so much fun! And my city-boy husband is happy that his dog is enjoying chicken watching- now the dog has a job!

CaroleW

Top Bottom