New Member Intro

vsherril

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 25, 2014
Hey All,
Not new to chickens but haven't had any for a long time. Just bought a 6.5 acre farm that I am fixing up back in November. I got the barn fixed late August and just bought some chickens to start my livestock. I have 13 pullets that should start laying in December. The guy I bought the first 3 from told me they were Dominiques but when I bought the next 10 the gal I bought them from showed me the difference between Barred Rock and Dominiques and that is when I saw I had Barred Rocks. So I now have 13 Barred Rocks. I just finished up their pen area in the barn. They have lots of space (8x17). I am going to start working on their nest boxes next. Anyway, don't remember what else should go in the post, oh, came to this site looking for plans for a chicken tractor. Saw some nice plans. Fall break now and maybe if my grandsons and I get done with the nest boxes I can get them to help me with starting the chicken tractor. Lots of work to do around the place so who knows.
Nice to meet you all.
Vic

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Have you seen our chicken tractors section yet? You might see lots of ideas here...https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-tractors-mobile-chicken-coop-designs

And while you are doing some reading, you might also stop by our learning center too. Lots of good articles on keeping your new flock...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy this new journey you are on! If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock and enjoy your Barred Rocks!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! TwoCrows gave you some nice links to check out! Congratulations on your new farm, and good luck with the flock!

Welcome to BYC, Vic. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Barred Rocks.

Hi Vic, nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy checking out the many interesting forums on BYC. Always a pleasure to welcome new people to the flock.

Back
Top Bottom