New Member Introduction for Loganspoults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Logan is my 24 year old son who loves the outdoors and wildlife. He had me incubate and hatch 8 turkey eggs, 2 of which sadly didn't survive. The remaining 6 seem to be thriving and I'm working diligently to keep it that way. I'm the surrogate mom and I want to help release these guys into the wild when they're ready. I'm hoping with help from you folks, we'll be able to do so. I wasn't prepared for this undertaking, but I'm committed and willing to take it on. I hope you'll help!
It is illegal to release the poults into the wild as well as them not being able to survive on their own. If you want to release birds into the wild, you have to have a release permit from your state. Depending on which state you live in, it may not be possible to get a release permit.

The way you have worded this makes me think you have illegally hatched wild turkey eggs that were stolen from a wild hen's nest. If that is the case, the best thing you can do is to turn them over to your local game warden or DNR agent.

The birds would need to be old enough for you to have taught them how to free range.

It is illegal to release the poults into the wild as well as them not being able to survive on their own. If you want to release birds into the wild, you have to have a release permit from your state. Depending on which state you live in, it may not be possible to get a release permit.

The way you have worded this makes me think you have illegally hatched wild turkey eggs that were stolen from a wild hen's nest. If that is the case, the best thing you can do is to turn them over to your local game warden or DNR agent.

The birds would need to be old enough for you to have taught them how to free range.
I don't know anything about wildlife laws in TN. All I know is my son was cutting in a hayfield and he saw the hen leave the nest. From fear, of course. He watched the nest to see if she'd return, knowing once a hen is run off her nest she won't return. He hoped, against nature, she would but after 2 hours in 101degree temps, she didn't. He brought them home and i had never dealt with anything like this before. I simply found what I could on the internet and to my shock 6 have survived. They hatched after 5 says incubation. I haven't had a full night's rest ever since trying to give them their best start in life. Do they have.to be turned over to a game warden if I decided to keep them? Since they weren't born in the wild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom