New member introduction- Hi from Sunny San Diego!

Gonecluckingmad

Chirping
Sep 21, 2019
BYC has been my go-to for tips, tricks, and suggestions. Such a great forum!!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
- I had chickens about 10 years ago and really enjoyed them (silkies, dominique, and wyndottes). This is my second time after a bit of a break.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
- I have 5 with no intention of increasing my flock (does everyone say that at some point? Ha!)

(3) What breeds do you have?
- Lavender Orphington, Dominique, Barred Rock, Ameraucana, and a Buff Laced Polish (but she's neither buff, nor laced... but she does have a fabulous coif!)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
- I love their little personalities, fresh eggs, and companionship while working in there yard. I also like that they help keep bugs away and till the soil for me. I also enjoy building things for them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
- dog training, photography, and constantly improving my home/yard with DIY projects .

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
- I have 2 very spoiled dogs. My Springer Spaniel acts as the chicken protector and snack monitor, always making sure he's not missing out on anything yummy that the girls may have found. My Chihuahua is still young and had a healthy respect for the girls, especially now that they're bigger than him. 2 of my chickens will actually play with him!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
- I can't remember how I originally found BYC, since it's been so long. Before I got this latest batch of chicks I remembered this site from years before and have found it just as useful.

Welcome to BYC. We have 6 australorps all hens. We have had them for 5 1/2 - 6 months. I love to watch them run around and they are great companions. I like to run, make projects for the chickens and be outside. I originally found BYC when I was looking for some chicken tips and ideas for building a coop and I ran across the website. I hope that you will like it here. BYC is a great website full of great people. :welcome

Welcome to BYC! You are so lucky your dogs an chickens can interact peacefully. I doubt you apply just how lucky you are with that. Sounds like you have a lovely diverse little flock to keep you entertained. Any chicken questions you have can be answered here by experts with many years of experience. I have found it helpful to just peruse the site when I have time and have learned so much interesting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom