New member introduction- Hi from Sunny San Diego!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gonecluckingmad, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Gonecluckingmad

Gonecluckingmad In the Brooder

Sep 21, 2019
    BYC has been my go-to for tips, tricks, and suggestions. Such a great forum!!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    - I had chickens about 10 years ago and really enjoyed them (silkies, dominique, and wyndottes). This is my second time after a bit of a break.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    - I have 5 with no intention of increasing my flock (does everyone say that at some point? Ha!)

(3) What breeds do you have?
    - Lavender Orphington, Dominique, Barred Rock, Ameraucana, and a Buff Laced Polish (but she's neither buff, nor laced... but she does have a fabulous coif!)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
    - I love their little personalities, fresh eggs, and companionship while working in there yard. I also like that they help keep bugs away and till the soil for me. I also enjoy building things for them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    - dog training, photography, and constantly improving my home/yard with DIY projects .

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    - I have 2 very spoiled dogs. My Springer Spaniel acts as the chicken protector and snack monitor, always making sure he's not missing out on anything yummy that the girls may have found. My Chihuahua is still young and had a healthy respect for the girls, especially now that they're bigger than him. 2 of my chickens will actually play with him!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
    - I can't remember how I originally found BYC, since it's been so long. Before I got this latest batch of chicks I remembered this site from years before and have found it just as useful.

2. Brady bunch

Brady bunch Songster

Jul 8, 2019
    NY
    Welcome to BYC. We have 6 australorps all hens. We have had them for 5 1/2 - 6 months. I love to watch them run around and they are great companions. I like to run, make projects for the chickens and be outside. I originally found BYC when I was looking for some chicken tips and ideas for building a coop and I ran across the website. I hope that you will like it here. BYC is a great website full of great people. :welcome

3. penny1960

penny1960 Going back to La La Land

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens a wonderful site to explore enjoy

4. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    That's great that your dogs get along with your flock.

5. FarmerGirl101

FarmerGirl101 Crowing

Jun 20, 2016
    California
    Welcome! Yes, many people say that but do get more in the future

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined our community.

7. ValerieJ

ValerieJ Free Ranging

Jul 24, 2016
    Washington State
    Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC!

8. CatWhisperer

CatWhisperer Songster

Jun 16, 2013
    northwest Arkansas
    Welcome to BYC! You are so lucky your dogs an chickens can interact peacefully. I doubt you apply just how lucky you are with that. Sounds like you have a lovely diverse little flock to keep you entertained. Any chicken questions you have can be answered here by experts with many years of experience. I have found it helpful to just peruse the site when I have time and have learned so much interesting stuff.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the pulse beat of the chicken community, :bowBACKYARD CHICKENS :jumpy

10. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: