New Member Introduction

Algray56

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2018
Hello, here's a few things about me
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I'm new to getting chickens, in fact I haven't gotten any yet. Going to pick up a coop today and hopefully have its new residents by the end of April.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None yet, but I'm planning on 2 to start, and then maybe another 2 once I've figured out the basics.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I'm looking to get a black australorp and a buff orpington

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
When I would Google specific questions, it turns out they've already been asked and answered on BackYardChickens so I figured this was the best place to be if I had a question that stumped Google.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I've recently started to garden a little, and I like art, specifically painting and ceramics.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a very supportive boyfriend, a cat, and a very worn out dog. I just became a teacher who's already looking forward to summer so I can spend more time with my chickens.

Welcome Cool.gif
Welcome to the world of chickens!

Congratulations on the job and getting a coop!

G’Day from down under Algray… :frow Welcome!

Very exciting! :clap

If I can, I would like to suggest that you get at least 3. Sadly, we lose chickens along the way and if you only have 2 and lose 1, you will have a very lonely chicken on your hands and possibly have to make a frantic dash to find her a friend, waive quarantine etc .. been there, done that, got the T-shirt! ;)

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. These two may be of particular interest to you:
Topic of the Week - Getting Started, Keeping Chickens
Topic of the Week - Keeping the Flock Safe from Predators

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock when they arrive or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom