New Member Introduction

Welcome to BYC, Carl & Marie. I'm so sorry your duck is ill. Have you bathed her, in case the pesticides are on her feathers? I've never tube fed a duck, but maybe someone in the emergency section could instruct you. Since she has held on this long, it may help to get liquids down her, in order to dilute the toxins.
Good luck to you!

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcome a good wishes. Very new to this forum so still unsure as to how to do things but we'll catch on.
We already posted a thread describing her condition hoping someone is familiar with what our duck may be going through but no replies yet.
This morning she is still hanging in there and she ate during the night or earlier this AM. I will continue to hand feed her anyway.
We gave her a warm water bath a few days ago and she shook a little until we were able to dry her completely. That gave us a scare but she made it OK.
I hope nobody thinks we're nuts for caring so much about a duck but at least ours (our first and only) has a lot of personality and is surprisingly smart. We definitely feel that she is part of our family along with our dogs.

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcome a good wishes. Very new to this forum so still unsure as to how to do things but we'll catch on.
We already posted a thread describing her condition hoping someone is familiar with what our duck may be going through but no replies yet.
This morning she is still hanging in there and she ate during the night or earlier this AM. I will continue to hand feed her anyway.
We gave her a warm water bath a few days ago and she shook a little until we were able to dry her completely. That gave us a scare but she made it OK.
I hope nobody thinks we're nuts for caring so much about a duck but at least ours (our first and only) has a lot of personality and is surprisingly smart. We definitely feel that she is part of our family along with our dogs.
Trust me, no one around here thinks you're nuts. We love our birds. I'm glad to hear that she is eating some. How is her poop looking?

50CA38FA-910D-4DF7-80E8-2EE5E4D44A22.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom