New Member Introduction!

stacyg7713

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2024
Houston, Texas
Greetings, My name is Stacy! I am new here and new to chickens. I just purchased my first 4 chicks on April 7th 2024. I have 2 Buff Orpingtons (Orpie and Opie), 1 Black Australop, (Aussie) and 1 Blue Plymouth Rock (Blue). In the future I look forward to having eggs from these girlies. (We eat a LOT of eggs!) I also grew up around backyard chickens as my father's friend had a bunch that he used to let us take care of when we were little and he went on vacation. It held fond memories for me, so I decided to give it a try as well! I like to learn, so I am always studying new side businesses I could be doing. I am currently a realtor. And I also spend a lot of time with my 1 year old daughter. I'm married and have 1 daughter. We also have 3 house cats. They have been curious about the chicks, but have not attempted any bad behavior toward them. (They are all pretty laid back, one cat probably doesn't even know we have chicks yet. She is scared to come out of the room, hates loud noises. Poor thing.) I found BYC while trying to do some research about my chicks. It's one of the first sites that pop up. Anyway! HI!

:welcome

Hi Stacy, congrats on your new chicks! I also have an Opie, but he's not a BO:
Opie Feb 2021.JPG

It's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom