New member introduction

Bosthens

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 21, 2011
Hello everyone,

I just stumbled upon the BYC website and this forum as I started googling to learn more about chickens. I soon realized there is a wealth of information here and a healthy, friendly place to gather it and share my own, albeit, limited knowledge at this point. I just moved to a 5 acre place in the country and adopting a flock of chickens is at the top of my priority list. The property has a barn and a few outbuildings but none of them are fit as is for housing chickens. Just last weekend I found a room in the barn that I had overlooked. It is just about perfect for chickens-- and several of them. I was hoping to get some grown laying hens on Craigslist but am finding that chickens are very popular in this area (Kansas) and have all been sold by the time I email or call the seller which is usually later the day or not longer than the day after the seller posts his/her chicks for sale. I may end up getting baby chicks and raising them myself but will need to do a lot more homework about proper care before I go that route. I also didn't realize there are so many different breeds of chickens so I need to find out more about what kind(s) would be a good fit here for me. Any tips or other suggestions would be welcome. I look forward to good company and conversation.

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
From North Texas
yippiechickie.gif
So glad you joined us
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom