New Member Introductions!

Hello all!

I'm not entirely new to chickens, my family has almost always owned a few since 2015. But one year I decided to start 4-H in the poultry chain. I started out with 17 Wyandottes, and since then we've added and lost a few birds and I currently own 5 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 8 Plymouth Barred Rocks, 5 Easter Eggers, 5 Silkies (2 are accidental roosters. They're basically just pets at this point on account of how friendly they are), 2 mutt roosters, 2 Royal Palm turkeys (plus 3 poults), and a few chicks fresh out of the brooder. Most of them are cross bred between our chickens, but we do have 6 Rhode Island Red chicks that I ordered in May.
I free range everyone but the babies and the silkies (because usually they're the surrogate mothers of my chicks)
View attachment 2232973
^ This is one of my silkie mommas helping my jenny (Pam) hatch out a few poults because she had way too many to incubate all at once.
View attachment 2232984
^ This is my largest rooster, Teddy Roostervelt.
View attachment 2232986
^ all of my free range birds out

I have a few other hobbies such as art and wildlife rehabilitation (but I can't really do much with the second until I get a permit haha).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to being a part of this chicken community!

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom