New member introductions

WelcometoBYC.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello! My name is Josie. I am 34, married, & live in sunny South Carolina! I currently have my 1st chickens EVER in the form of an assorted ADORABLE bundle of baby chicks. We have 6 Silkies (3 lavenders, 2 partridge, & 1 black), 6 Orpingtons (2 lavenders & 4 assorted from a cross with a buff & a lavender), & 3 Ameraucanas (1 lavender & 2 black split lavender). We've only had them 3 days & holy moly have we learned A LOT, 1st of which was what a HUGE difference a couple inches can make in the placement of a 250w heat lamp! The chicks have changed so quickly & already are bigger & stronger. I hope to build a flock of about 20-30 laying hens, & a seasonal flock of organic meat birds. My oldest son is going to keep the flock of Silkies & let them brood away their own & adoptees. I would like to eventually keep one Roo of each (Orpington, Ameraucana, Silkie, as well as, a Marans, which we haven't aquired any of those yet). My wonderful hubby is a fireman & we have 4 beautiful children. I am a stay at home/work at home/homeschooling wife/mother/general servant. :) Thank you, for all the help BYC has already been to me!! :)[/FONT]

I'm new to raising turkeys and have a few questions I have 1 bourbon red Tom and hen and one black Spanish hen
1. Why Do my hens fight?
2. What is something they can lay eggs in?
3. How old will they be before breeding? They are all about 10 months
Thanks for helping

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello! My name is Josie. I am 34, married, & live in sunny South Carolina! I currently have my 1st chickens EVER in the form of an assorted ADORABLE bundle of baby chicks. We have 6 Silkies (3 lavenders, 2 partridge, & 1 black), 6 Orpingtons (2 lavenders & 4 assorted from a cross with a buff & a lavender), & 3 Ameraucanas (1 lavender & 2 black split lavender). We've only had them 3 days & holy moly have we learned A LOT, 1st of which was what a HUGE difference a couple inches can make in the placement of a 250w heat lamp! The chicks have changed so quickly & already are bigger & stronger. I hope to build a flock of about 20-30 laying hens, & a seasonal flock of organic meat birds. My oldest son is going to keep the flock of Silkies & let them brood away their own & adoptees. I would like to eventually keep one Roo of each (Orpington, Ameraucana, Silkie, as well as, a Marans, which we haven't aquired any of those yet). My wonderful hubby is a fireman & we have 4 beautiful children. I am a stay at home/work at home/homeschooling wife/mother/general servant. :) Thank you, for all the help BYC has already been to me!! :)[/FONT]
frow.gif
So glad the babies are doing good!!!

Back
Top Bottom