new member introductions

mauihencatcher

Hatching
Mar 21, 2015
Aloha,my username is mauihencatcher,im so happy i found this awesome n informative.an yep i got a few questions.as my user name says i bait n trap the wild hens n roosters that come ta visit me . Its been awhile since i raised any chickens normally i catch em an send em to a friends farm .ispent 3 months tryin ta catch the hen i hav now n my landlord told me i could keep hens as long as they are in a pen .i hav already made plans bring down a friends beautiful grey ,so first question is how long should i wait to introduce them ?

Aloha, welcome to BYC. That's a beautiful hen as are many of the semi feral birds in Hawaii. Generally I quarantine new birds for at least two weeks, but that hen has probably been exposed to and survived everything.

mahalo ,ive kept her in my big 29"by39"in trappin cage till finish her coop n run covered of course cause she can fly way to good, she'll be alone till her boyfriend comes ta visit,my friend has a beautiful grey worth more than any of his other 50+ chickens,my buddy saw one look at a pixk of my hen n said lets make a deal lol i also hav about 4more hens loose An several noise makin red headed roosters that are gonna end up in my smoker with a beer up their bootys luv smoked chicken yummy . so i gotta get her home finished today,also hav a spexkled grey juvinile it has a hurt leg so i waanna ger her caught n safe before the ferel cats get to her,ya im a softy when it comes ta hurt animals,but id also eat her if she would ever grow Up lol I hav my dads sence of humor specially early in da mornin .

Mahalo n ya so far answered all i had ta ask so far excwpt still not exaxtly sure of her breed a friend was trippin out when she realised my lil tiny white had grown into this amazingly beautiful white with speckles of red orange with some brown on top of her wings n black n grey with hint of brown n white on tail feathers any ideas on what breed she is i know she had a batch of black n grey babys one of which is in my yard right now. We hav so many chickens runnin loose on maui its not the smartest thing our county allows but it also aint the worst thing they turn blind eye to it

Back
Top Bottom