New member. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Marley73

Hatching
May 17, 2015
Central Illinois
I love in central Illinois. This is my first year raising chickens of my own. Been around them all my life (I'll be 60 this year) but these are the first I can call my own. I moved in with my sister and her husband last fall and they have chickens. Of course I had to jump on the bandwagon. But instead of the bigger ones I'm going with bantams. I will probably be posting some pictures of my babies soon and be asking questions. I think I'm figuring out what I have. Got 6 from the feed store and have 8 right now from Murray McMurray. Had several die in transit so getting my second replacement shipment in tomorrow. Sure hope these do better. Got the feather footed assortment with 2 extra Silkies. I think the ones I got from the feed store are D'Uccles and the other ones I have look like 4 Silkies and 3 Cochin Frizzles, not sure about the other one.
Glad to be on here and look forward to reading as much, and learning as much as I can.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock. I am looking forward to seeing your chick pictures Hope the replacement chicks arrive in good condition.

I'm afraid I'm going to want to get overrun with chickens. Lol. My sister has, I think, 9 full grown, 28 young ones, 8 young guineas, and 13 young ducks. So far I have 14. I'm supposed to be getting 18 tomorrow. Out of my 6 oldest chicks I'm pretty sure 5 are roos.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. :frow
It sounds like you have a good mix. I'm kinda partial to the silkies. :)

Howdy Marley73 and Welcome to BYC

Chicken-math gets to all of us .. I started out with two bantams and was only ever going to have two bantams; I now have six.

Bantams have a tendency to go broody so be prepared to either ‘break a broody’ or give a broody what she wants; resistance is futile
wink.png

I have 2 x bantam cochins, 1 x bantam frizzle cochin, 1 x Frizzle Silkie X, 1 x Silkie X and a bantam Langshan so I totally approve of your little flock .. lots of my favourites
wink.png

Your little one is gorgeous and yep, definitely looking like a Frizzle.

Hello, welcome to BYC!

That is one cute chick in your photo. I hope you're enjoying having birds of your own.

If you have any questions, feel free to post. And if you want some help identifying the chicks when they are a bit older, you can post photos of them here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this (Read over the picture tips for getting the best chance at identifying them.)

Good luck to you!

Thank you everyone. My replacement batch got here this morning. Out of 21 I have lost 5. Not near as bad as the first 2 batches. These all seem to be very lively. Can't wait to see what all I have. Does look like I got a couple blue Silkies, maybe a black Silkie and maybe a couple more Silkies. Just trying to keep them alive right now. They are so little and so cute.

Back
Top Bottom