New Member - kind of

MasterD

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 18, 2015
South-Western NC
Hi all,

Been 'lurking' around here for several months, mainly looking and learning. Finally decided to take the plunge and get some ducklings; my wife and I decided on Black Swedish in the end.

11 of them arrived on May 29th - 9 are females, 1 is a drake & the last one was a freebie so we are clueless on it's gender; lol.

Wife, daughter and myself could not be happier - though we did have a bit of a scare with one of them; that got resolved by remembering info from these forums - thank you folks.

2 pictures: 1st one is a day after we got them, 2nd one is a couple of days ago.

Right now they are in a spare 125 gallon fish tank - 6ft long x 19inches wide x 2ft high. I used eggcrate across the opening to keep them protected from our 5 cats. Funny thing is our 2 male cats are scared of them, our female cats don't seem that interested in them - but none of them have seen ducklings or ducks before.

Going to switch from straw to horse stable pellets as the straw is aggravating my asthma. And we will be working on the outside pen over the next few weeks.

Thanks for reading,
D

Hi, welcome to BYC!!

Your ducklings are so cute! I used to have a blue Swedish. Very pretty ducks!!
Good luck, and I hope you find everything you need to know about them!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Very cute ducks you have there! I'm glad to hear your daughter and you are enjoying them
smile.png
We have a very helpful duck area here on BYC https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours.

Back
Top Bottom