New member, long time reader

Jessica McBride

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2018
NW Georgia
My Coop
My Coop
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Not new to chickens, have had them for over 35 years
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Between 15 and 45, it's best to never admit to strangers how many chickens you have, they might think you are crazy.
(3) What breeds do you have?
Black Australorp, BCM, CA whites, Sapphire Gems, EE's, SLW, Golden Comets, RiR, BO's, Light Brahmas, and a few mixed from above.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
needed to do some research on a new breed a few years back. Googled it, got here.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I also raise goats and this year started with Turkeys.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Small 5 acre farmstead in Georgia, cats, dogs, house chicken that thinks she is a dog, ya know normal farm stuff.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
A few years, like most roads Google pointed me here. I finally joined because I wanted to reply to a post I read.

Picture of my coop before it was delivered.

my coop.jpg

Where I bought my coop: https://www.davidschickencoop.com/ Company delivered and set up for me, and was about 2-2.5 hours away. Also I was able to customize my coop for my needs. Added extra chicken doors that are hooked up to an auto-timer, added extra roosts and 2 lower broody boxes. I like to keep my broody mamas with the flock when they have little ones. I have had huge success raising the chicks with mom because the flock accepts the babies from day 1. No chicken drama with introductions.

Last edited:
Don't worry... we know how it is.
chicken-people.jpg

Welcome to BYC!
hithere.gif
Glad you finally joined us... hopefully we'll get to see more posts from you!
Your experience is valuable and we could all benefit from whatever you have to share. Not really sure if anyone here is normal... so that must mean we're all... abnormal?
Make yourself at home and have fun!

crazy-lady 2.jpg

Hi Jessica and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Nice looking coop you have there :thumbsup

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom