New member loves chickens

Holladay chicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 21, 2014
I am Holladay Chicks and I have only been raising chickens for a year but I am hooked but good. I spoil my girls so bad they are my kids. I am eager to learn the right things to do. Today I hatched my first baby. I am so excited. I have the help of a good friend and I want to say thanks. My hope is to have many years of raising good healthy, beautiful chickens. I am raising Cream Legbars, Marans, Hamburg, Americauanas, Easter Eggers, White Leghorn and Lacy Wyandotte. I even have a tiny Serama gold hen. Lots of fun.

I am Holladay Chicks and I have only been raising chickens for a year but I am hooked but good. I spoil my girls so bad they are my kids. I am eager to learn the right things to do. Today I hatched my first baby. I am so excited. I have the help of a good friend and I want to say thanks. My hope is to have many years of raising good healthy, beautiful chickens. I am raising Cream Legbars, Marans, Hamburg, Americauanas, Easter Eggers, White Leghorn and Lacy Wyandotte. I even have a tiny Serama gold hen. Lots of fun.
So what do you need to know?

Mostly I need to know about health issues. How do I know if my chickens are healthy? The seem to be happy and run to me when I go out to feed them. I feed the lettuce and other greens and noodles. They love noodles who knew.

The Learning center has a wealth of great information. Your chickens certainly sound healthy and happy. It's best not to explore health issues till they come up - it's easy to imagine birds have all the symptoms you read about - when they don't truly have any of them.

images

Definitely stop by our learning center here on BYC. Here is the link to the Keeping your Flock Healthy section of our learning center...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/maintaining-a-healthy-flock

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Thank you. I am having the time of my life with hatching chicks. Who knew it could be sop much fun.

I am interested in growing my own worms for my flock. I was very surprised how many people buy fresh eggs too.

Back
Top Bottom