New member - new chcicks and super excited - PDX area

ESSS

Hatching
Feb 27, 2016
PDX
Greetings!

My name is Eric. I live in Portland Oregon.

I just picked up 2 speckled sussex, 2 americauna, and 2 silver laced wyandotte chicks.

I have been wanting to do this for years, and do not know what finally got me going now. I am totally new to chickens, so hopefully I don't screw anything up.

The little chicks are so cute! Time to start building the coop and run.

I am in to pretty much anything out of doors. Hiking, fishing, exploring, gardening..

This is a great resource. A big thank you to everyone who is on here helping new folks out!

I look forward to the journey.

Have a great Sunday!

Eric

Welcome and good luck. I am going on my second year now and I am still learning my self. I Amy exploring Apple cider vinegar and making my own and giving it to my girls. A lot of good info on here.

Hi there from Wildomar,ca. Been wanting chickens for years. Have my first batch in the incubator now. Should be hatching today or tomorrow.

Hi and welcome to BYC! The Learning Centre is a great place to start off as it has loads of info on anything chicken. Joining your state thread (just type your state in the search box) will also put you in contact with other BYC members in your area.

All the best
CT

Hi Eric,
welcome-byc.gif

If you find yourself in need of assistance with the coop build, you can find it here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance

Good luck to you, it's nice to have you join us!

Thanks for all the replies!

I will take advantage of the info you folks posted. Still in the process of getting my coop built so I can get the darn city permit - PDX requires a permit for over 3 birds. I am uncommonly anxious about getting approval, but it sounds like I am doing everything right in terms of size, location, etc.

Has anyone here been through the permit process here?

Thank you!

Eric

Thanks for all the replies!

I will take advantage of the info you folks posted. Still in the process of getting my coop built so I can get the darn city permit - PDX requires a permit for over 3 birds. I am uncommonly anxious about getting approval, but it sounds like I am doing everything right in terms of size, location, etc.

Has anyone here been through the permit process here?

Thank you!

Eric

I haven't been through all that Eric, but if you get on your state thread you might well find others close by that have. Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom