New member, new to chickens

alexbetty

In the Brooder
May 9, 2015
Hi everybody. My chickens are finally moving outside today and I'm super excited about it. We have converted the underused kids'clubhouse into a coop. As soon as the doors go up on the outside run, they are moving out of the stinky, dusty laundry room. I really hope that the ramp that goes from the run to the coop isn't too steep for them, but I guess I'll find out in a couple hours. Anyway, thanks for being here.

Hope it works out for you, you may have to put treats on the ramp to give them the idea to climb. Welcome to the BYC flock.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to BYC!

So how did the ramp work out for your birds? If it's too steep, you can put a block of wood under the bottom of it (the end that touches the ground). That will elevate the ramp and make it less steep.

Nice to have you here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks first excursion into the great outdoors. :eek:)

Welcome to BYC! !
welcome-byc.gif

Hey ! I am new to the group and we currently have a small 5 chicken coop that were using but we would like to keep the chickens over winter ! My question is who else keeps there chickens over winter and how do you keep them warm ! Remember we're up in Canada and last years winter was even colder than normal ! - 44 was the coldest day last winter ! I was thinking of building a garden shed and putting it inside my big shed with access to the outside ! Thanks for the help !

Back
Top Bottom