New Member ... Not new to the site.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LindaD29697, Nov 6, 2015.

1. LindaD29697

LindaD29697 Out Of The Brooder

Hi I am Linda and my husband is Dewitt. I have been coming to the site now for about 6 months just reading. So now that it is getting colder weather and I have more time on my hands I have signed up and officially joined the site.

Just a little about us... We both are disabled but try to keep busy and not let that stop us from doing things. We are a family of 7 kids (4 boys - mine & 3 girls - his from previous marriages). Well that is our human kids LOL. We also have other kids of the animal kingdom which are our only kids together... 2 dogs, Oscar a dachshund and Spaz a miniature doberman. Then there is our RIR chickens, 9 girls and Henry our rooster. The animal kids came after all our other kids were grown and moved out.

We live just outside a cozy small town in South Carolina on 2 acres of land that we are trying to turn into a small but productive farm. We have a good size garden every summer and fall that keeps us busy weeding, harvesting, and a lot of canning as that we rather have fresh foods any day over chemical treated stuff you get in the stores. That is just one of the many reasons we got our RIR's. That and the extra few dollars their eggs bring in. [​IMG]

But now you know a little about me and the family. I hope to be able to post and join in on the conversations here on the site and even be some help to some newbies out there with questions as that I have had chickens off and on since I was a child with the most at one time being about 100.

Linda [​IMG]

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Linda and Dewitt. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Linda

Glad you could join the flock! Your place sounds fantastic! The learning centre link that Michael left for you is great. Lots of super articles on all aspects of keeping your flock happy, safe and healthy.

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Linda & Dewitt, very glad you joined the BYC flock [​IMG]. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

7. LindaD29697

LindaD29697 Out Of The Brooder

Oh I know... When my boys were little I had over 100 chicken at one point. Not to mention the ducks, goats, 3 horses, and 3 cows. They loved growing up around the animals... except cleaning the pens. LOL My husband and I both grew up with chickens and I was raised on a small farm.

And thanks for the welcome.

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

10. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by