New Member: Rhode Island

BobGRI

Chirping
11 Years
Mar 11, 2011
Hi,

I'm Bob, we just moved into our new house and we'd like to raise a few chickens for eggs and the relaxation. It's not an issue in our town to raise them. I figured this would be a good place to start. I'll be doing plenty of searches for tips on learning and starting from scratch.
We have three dogs a Rat Terrier, King Charles Cavalier Spaniel and a German Shepherd. They were all raised around plenty of cats with out any issues. Happily they don't seem be be bothered by all the wild life in their new country setting.

welcome-byc.gif

Just keep an eye on the dogs until they get comfortable with being around the chickens!

Hi Bob! Nice to meet you. I hope your chicken venture goes well. You mentioned that your dogs seem to have no problems with cats. While that's good, if I were you, I wouldn't assume that you will have no problems with your dogs and your chickens. All three breeds of dogs you mention are known to (as a breed, not necessarily the individual dogs) have a high prey drive. You should take every precaution to make sure the dogs become acquainted with the chickens under supervision only, and that the chickens have a safe, predator proof home and run. Again,
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom