New member so thought I would post some pics :)

jdschuler

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 6, 2011
So... since I am a new member, I thought I would post some pics of my run, some of my chickens and some of my ducks! If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post! Most of the chickens are aracauna silkie crosses... but most of them are SO pretty
smile.png

105816_p8180767.jpg

my run... nothing fancy but my birds love it
smile.png

105816_p8180776.jpg

Chuck my first rooster, the first time I heard him crow, I didn't know which one it was, so I literally sat in the coop for an hour waiting for him to do it again... my boyfriend and my kids thought I was crazy, but I was SOOO excited!
smile.png
)

105816_p8180772.jpg

Buster, my second rooster

105816_p8180768.jpg

some of my other chickens, tried to get a pic of one of my favorite hens, Queenie, but of course she wouldn't stay still...

105816_p8180774.jpg

and my ducks

Enjoy and let me know what you think!
smile.png

Last edited:
Very nice! Do the ducks and chickens intermingle or fight or anything? Don't the ducks make the bedding all wet? Do the ducks sleep under the chickens? I've never seen ducks and chickens together like that!

Thanks so much for the comments!! I am already addicted to this site, which is probably a good thing because it means I am staying off the city yard sale site and not buying anything LOL
smile.png
)

I am going to try and get better pics because these REALLY don't do their beauty justice!

@Extraordinaryfowl... right now the ducks sleep outside under the raised pond, this winter they will be housed inside with the chickens, and I was thinking I would build a shed inside the coop kind of like the raised pond, minus the pond of course, that way they have something to hide under and aren't getting a poop shower from the chickens LOL. But I haven't had any problems at all with them fighting. I got them all around the same time so they all grew up together and I think that may have something to do with it.

Keep em coming!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom