new member warning! chicken lady in the making

cnmcgee

Chirping
Apr 16, 2021
just saying hi... My flock ranges from 6 weeks to not hatched yet and is from many different places ranging from a TSC rescue to chicks from hatcheries. My luck I will have 17 roos and 5 hens but my son and I are going to run with it! We have silkies, polish, marans, plymouth rocks, orpingtons, wyandottes, cochins, faverolles, australorps, brahmas and speckled sussex chickens plus a rescue mystery chick from TCS that no one there could tell me what it was. Myself, my son, our oversized bouncy fluff ball bernedoodle(Nala) and a broken hood cat(Jermaine - aka Benjamin, depending on his mood) live with our new flock on a homestead built in 1917 in NC. We look forward to being able to pick everyone's brains and hopefully raise a happy healthy flock!

Welcome @cnmcgee!!! Sounds like an amazing array of chickens you have, so feel free to post pics in one of the forums on BYC and don't be shy to ask questions!! :welcome :ya
Thank you! I will def be posting pictures. I would love input on my mystery chick and help with sexing some of my others.... I am fairly certain I have several roos amongst us considering I keep intruding on dance offs in the chicken barn.

I have some bad luck with roosters too, but I keep them all. My slogan "Roos need love too"
-BYC-sign-flash.gif
My roos, are great when I tame them early in life.

I have some bad luck with roosters too, but I keep them all. My slogan "Roos need love too"
View attachment 2619370My roos, are great when I tame them early in life.
We have a special neurological polish adoringly named Hei Hei. I am fairly certain he is a roo and he will remain with us as well but I am in the Downtown Historic District where I live and we are not permitted to have any roosters unfortunately. Not to worry though, bring the fire department and police department eggs and they don't pick on you too much. That being said I will have to find new homes for the rest of my roos eventually.

Back
Top Bottom