new member - What do I do with Duck Eggs in my planter?

I have a new duck egg every morning in my flower pot. Up to 5 now. I never see the duck sitting on the eggs. Not during day, not during middle of the night. Are the eggs fertilized? Are they rotting? We have ducks in our yard hanging out everyday but not on the nest. I live on a lake. What advise do you have?... to leave the eggs, move them, toss them, eat them?
Hello jjordan68.
Welcome to BYC.
Very difficult problem this. I had to deal with something similar years ago.
I was trying to grow tomatoes in this pot. But, my thinking was, if I grew a hen then it should be far longer lasting and more productive than a single tomatoe plant.
What I suggest is you make sure you feed and water the eggs. You may have more luck than I did. I ended up growing a rooster. Thing is a tomatoe plant would have been the better option in the end.:confused:
I didn't know much about gardening etc when I started but now I can grow lovely roosters.:lol:
P4143179.JPG

Hello jjordan68.
Welcome to BYC.
Very difficult problem this. I had to deal with something similar years ago.
I was trying to grow tomatoes in this pot. But, my thinking was, if I grew a hen then it should be far longer lasting and more productive than a single tomatoe plant.
What I suggest is you make sure you feed and water the eggs. You may have more luck than I did. I ended up growing a rooster. Thing is a tomatoe plant would have been the better option in the end.:confused:
I didn't know much about gardening etc when I started but now I can grow lovely roosters.:lol:
View attachment 3174831
But wow! Look at the showy blooms on that rooster! Plants that don't bare fruit still have their place in the universe.

Back
Top Bottom