New member with goose questions

I’m a long time reader but new member of BYC. When I was a teenager we had chickens, ducks and a goose. Now I live in Hawaii with my 2 American Buff geese and my huge rag doll cat. I do love them dearly, and I am looking foreword to hearing back about your insights into my goose concerns. I’m glad I finally joined.
20201204_10372515.jpg

My immediate concern is that I hear my goose’s labored breathing when she eats. She takes a bite and swallows it and drinks water then holds her neck out and breathes loudly with catches in it. I just gave her Fenbendazole in case it was trachial worms. The vet was over last week and found nothing. I’m worried about her.

My immediate concern is that I hear my goose’s labored breathing when she eats. She takes a bite and swallows it and drinks water then holds her neck out and breathes loudly with catches in it. I just gave her Fenbendazole in case it was trachial worms. The vet was over last week and found nothing. I’m worried about her.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. She might just be eating or drinking too fast, a lot of my chickens will do that occasionally. It doesn't hurt them. It is because they eat so fast that they can choke on small bits of food. If you are worried about it then maybe you could scatter her food out in the run so she has to find it, that way she won't eat so fast.

Back
Top Bottom