New member..

nontoxic

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 1, 2014
Massachusetts
Hello all. My name is Amy, I joined last year but have never introduced myself or ever posted. I love BYC!! I have learned so much on this site and it has helped my chickens substantially . I currently have 3 golden palm turkeys (1 tom and 2 hens) in the spring they became broody and hatched only one baby out of 17 eggs. Unfortunately the little guy died the next day
1f615.png
So I decided after that I will buy an incubator and try to hatch that way next time they are laying. So since spring they have not laid any more. Building them a larger enclosure and a better roosting shed hope that helps them out. I also have chickens an acquaintance had to move and gave me their mixed flock ( 3 golden comet hens with 1 roo, 1 barred Rock roo , 5 sex link hens). I also have 3 Marian hens and one dorking/Marian mixed roo.. My hens all were broody at the same time my Maran's hatched three adorable babies this year! And my new mixed flock hatched 5 but one of the new mama hens killed the first hatched chick and the rest survived.. I am still very new to the world of raising poultry but have been reading and applying new found knowledge from this site to fine tuning my flocks.

Hi Amy, welcome to BYC!

Glad you've been enjoying the site...there's a ton of information available here.

Nice to hear from you!

I have 2 male turkeys they are typical teenagers now. They fight like you wouldn't believe, and they. Have even killed 2 hens..... They are so beautifully ugly. Not sure what to do with them.

I have 2 male turkeys they are typical teenagers now. They fight like you wouldn't believe, and they. Have even killed 2 hens..... They are so beautifully ugly. Not sure what to do with them.
L
Like all kids they go through their ugly faze lol. But when they mature they are just amazing

Back
Top Bottom