Allore79

Chirping
Dec 31, 2015
Hello, I just got 14 chicks before thanksgiving. A straight run. I have been learning as I go and I have really enjoyed it.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined our group.

Good luck with your straight run chicks... people always seem to need it! I've yet to get a straight run or home hatched bunch that wasn't 75/25 roosters to hens. Maybe you will get lucky. What breeds do you have?

Queen Misha is right. That's one way hatcheries get to dump cockerels get paid for it, and still use them as warmers for others in the order. Win-win situations for them. Not so for
the person who ordered.

Welcome to byc :frow. Fingers crossed that you have lots of pullets.

Ct

welcome-byc.gif

Nice to hear you are enjoying your chicks. What breeds did you get?

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined our group.

Good luck with your straight run chicks... people always seem to need it! I've yet to get a straight run or home hatched bunch that wasn't 75/25 roosters to hens. Maybe you will get lucky. What breeds do you have?

Thank you all so much. I do not know what breeds I have. I was hoping I could post pictures and possible get help. I am new to all this so any advice or help would be great!!

If anyone can shed light on what breeds these might be and if they think roosters or hens?? Thank you!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom