phillip26

In the Brooder
Feb 27, 2016
I am from ky recently bought 8 laying hens 4 red star and 4 rhode island red. Also bought 22 red star chicks varying ages 1-3 weeks old.2 of them have spraddle leg and i'm not sure how to treat it. Im not new to chickens having grown up raising them but this is my first flock of my own.thanks for any help

Welcome to BYC. Do not be surprised if the laying hens stop laying for a bit - the transition to a new home generally causes a slight break in egg production. I'm not certain that much can be done for near adult birds with spraddle leg other than to assure that they are not bullied by the others and are kept clean and dry. Good luck with your new flock.

Sorry i wasnt clear the spraddle leg birds are about a week old. the rhide island reds have completely stopped laying the 4 red stars are laying dailybafter a one day break from laying

Thank you i will try to get them fixed up today the rest are happy and healthy the hens are loving this pretty weather

Hi and welcome to BYC! You may wish to consider joining your state thread (just type your state in the search box) will also put you in contact with other BYC members in your area. Good luck with fixing your little one!

Cheers
CT

welcome-byc.gif

I hope the spraddle leg fix helps your chicks out. With all those red sex links and RIR girls, you're going to eventually be getting tons of eggs every day.

It's nice to have you here!

The plan is when the red six kink chicks get ild enough to lay the rir hens are gonna become dinner they love to pick on my red star hens

Back
Top Bottom