ThreeOfSeven

Crowing
6 Years
Jul 29, 2016
Shelter Island, New York
Wanting chickens for years now, I finally have my girls! Four beautiful Partridge Rock pullets. I'm here on BackYard Chickens to say THANK YOU to everyone. I lurked the site for years. I checked out nearly every chicken coop, big, medium, small, and tractor. I read threads about feeding, care, treats, first-aid, etc. Every time I had a question, I went to BackYard Chickens to get my answer. I was an animal docent for the chickens at a nearby working farm a few weeks back during their Saturday morning farmstand/CSA pickup busy-hour, and someone asked me about raising chickens. I told them, "Check out BackYard Chickens! You'll find everything you need to know there!"

So, again, THANK YOU!

One of my girls, already on my lap, after less than 2 weeks in our coop.

Welcome to BYC!! Everyone here is here to help you. We have some amazing members on, too.

Thank you! Still need to do some more work on the coop and run, but this is what we have. Both are predator proof. Two large doors, primarily for easy access for cleaning. The door that opens to the run helped keep the coop somewhat cool during the day over this past week or so. We're planning to add another small window for ventilation on the other side.

I have logs, old chair, and some 4x4 wood in the coop, and I've been switching things around to give the girls variety.

Back
Top Bottom