Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ThreeOfSeven, Jul 29, 2016.

1. ThreeOfSeven

ThreeOfSeven Just Hatched

Jul 29, 2016
    New York
    Wanting chickens for years now, I finally have my girls! Four beautiful Partridge Rock pullets. I'm here on BackYard Chickens to say THANK YOU to everyone. I lurked the site for years. I checked out nearly every chicken coop, big, medium, small, and tractor. I read threads about feeding, care, treats, first-aid, etc. Every time I had a question, I went to BackYard Chickens to get my answer. I was an animal docent for the chickens at a nearby working farm a few weeks back during their Saturday morning farmstand/CSA pickup busy-hour, and someone asked me about raising chickens. I told them, "Check out BackYard Chickens! You'll find everything you need to know there!"

So, again, THANK YOU!

One of my girls, already on my lap, after less than 2 weeks in our coop.
    [​IMG]

2. BackyardFlock17

BackyardFlock17 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2016
    Welcome to BYC!! Everyone here is here to help you. We have some amazing members on, too.[​IMG]

3. iloveduckies

iloveduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful girl :)
    And welcome to BYC!!!!!

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Good luck with your flock.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Happy you signed up and that you have found BYC useful in the past. Good luck to you!

6. ThreeOfSeven

Jul 29, 2016
    New York
    Thank you! Still need to do some more work on the coop and run, but this is what we have. Both are predator proof. Two large doors, primarily for easy access for cleaning. The door that opens to the run helped keep the coop somewhat cool during the day over this past week or so. We're planning to add another small window for ventilation on the other side.

I have logs, old chair, and some 4x4 wood in the coop, and I've been switching things around to give the girls variety.

[​IMG]

7. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Wow, looks like a nicely built and very safe coop! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Some chickens also enjoy a swing, and learn how to use it.

9. ThreeOfSeven

Jul 29, 2016
    New York
    Yes! I'm anxious to add a swing. I also have my eye on a nice branch, a hefty thing with good diameter, but I'm still waiting for my DH to pull it out of the tree (got stuck on it's way down). It's pretty big and has a nice angle to it. I think the girls will love it! [​IMG]

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by