impalaclark

Hatching
Jul 31, 2016
Hello everyone I am from (SE) Oklahoma. I am relatively new to chickens, I am on my second month. Here is my current flock. I have 4 bouvans hens, 1 buff oprington hen, 1 splash cochin hen, 1 partridge rock roo, 2 rhode island red hens, 2 white leghorn hens, 1 golden laced wyandotte hen, 4 aracauna hens, quad of speckled sussex, trio of silver spangled hanburgs, quad of lakenvelders, 10 barred rock pullets, 4 new hampshire red pullets, 5 black maraan pullets, 2 blue maraan pullets, 11 splash cochin chicks (all supposedly sexed as hens), and 15 silver laced wyandotte pullets. Oh and I also have a pair of goats, and a doberman pinscher that likes to allow the chickens to roost on her during nap time in the shade. I have 2 coops, 1 is for quarrantine, the other coop is mainly just a laying house, since the chickens have free run of the back yard, (privacy fenced area 350'x100'). I just filled out my NPIP paperwork today, and I obtained a 200 egg incubator as well today. I look forward to learning from everyone.

Thank you! Yes what started out as a 5 bird egg laying operation for our family weekend breakfast has turned into a full blown addiction. A trip every other friday to the poultry auction, and being gifted several birds from friends who were wanting to lower their numbers but give birds a good home has turned into a full fledge operation. Once, I get going right, be on the lookout for things to come from Splendid Splinter Farms!

Back
Top Bottom