New Member!

parkersmom120106

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 9, 2008
Middleburg, FL
Hi all! My name is Amanda, and I'm new here! I've been reading for a week or so, and decided I should introduce myself. I live in Clay County, FL. We bought a house with an acre of land, and are supposed to be closing this week or early next week. Anyway...we decided to get some chickens. I found this site while searching for info. We need to figure out what breed or breeds we'd like to have. I'd like to get them right away or at least start eggs in the incubator as soon as we're moved in, but it looks like a coop is going to be more expensive than I thought, so we may have to wait a while. Anyway...just wanted to say Hi! My 2 year old son is going to be so excited. He loves chickens.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Amanda!

Welcome.

Coop first.

Then either get a bator and some fertile eggs or order from one of the many hatcheries.

Remember, variety is the spice of life.

Wow! There are a lot of chicken breeds! I need something that will be a good layer, and can stand the heat of Florida. That's about it. I'd like a few of something that is just cute, like the silkies, and Mom wants a good egg producer. She keeps saying she wants leghorns. I like the buff orpingtons too.

Back
Top Bottom