conada

In the Brooder
Jan 24, 2017
Hello! Ive just joined and hoping BYC will help me to insure the best care and health of my homegrown flock. They consist of 7 hens that are 2-9 yeasrs old and 2 Roo's 2 and 8. I ve had them for going on 9 years and enjoy them with my grandchildren. We enjoy "the Ladies" and Roo and Jeb daily but do not have alot of knowledge about their care in their older years and considering Ms Speck and Roo are almost 9 years old, its time for me to educate myself!

Greetings from Kansas, conada, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Sounds like experience has been a good teacher for you - any chicken surviving to the ripe old age of 9 tells me you must be doing something right! You experience will be beneficial to others on BYC! Thanks so much for joining!

G’Day from down under conada
wink.png
Welcome!

I echo redsoxs’s sentiments, you are definitely doing something right!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Thank you! I am looking forward to obtaining helpful info and hopefully i can contribute in someway.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You are doing a fantastic job of raising your flock.
thumbsup.gif
I'm sure you could tell us what to do- and wish you would start a thread on geriatric chickens.

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for joining us! If you use the Search box in the upper left corner of the screen, you can just type in "older chickens" and you'll see a lot of posts have been on this subject. Something there may help answer questions you have on how to handle them.

Thank you! I dont know if i have any magical reason my hens are still with me. I never knew there could be so many issues until i got on the internet, but ill take your suggestion and check out that thread! I havent navigated through all of BYC yet and look forward to it very soon!

Thank you! I dont know if i have any magical reason my hens are still with me. I never knew there could be so many issues until i got on the internet, but ill take your suggestion and check out that thread! I havent navigated through all of BYC yet and look forward to it very soon!

You must be doing a lot of things right to keep them that long, so keep it up!

BYC can seem kind of big and maybe somewhat confusing at first but just poke around on various forums, articles and threads...before you know it, you'll be posting in your sleep (like me, lol).

Back
Top Bottom