Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Looks like you've already gotten some good advice and links so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!
woot.gif

Thanks for the input TwoCrows. I'm going to assume the color is just fine.
Here are a few eggs, all from Barred Rocks. They couldn't have put a more lousy camera in my phone, so please keep this in mind. LOL The egg on the far left is quite pale, although you can't tell much from this bad photo.

Here are a few eggs, all from Barred Rocks. They couldn't have put a more lousy camera in my phone, so please keep this in mind. LOL The egg on the far left is quite pale, although you can't tell much from this bad photo. I can see the difference for sure. Since the BRs just started laying they may be laying white eggs by the time they stop. Lol. Thanks for your time and information.

Last edited:
Quote: First time layers may not have their bloom/dye all ready yet. Give them time. The egg in the middle comes from my smallest BR. It was a while before the eggs started coming out that dark.

Good luck with your birds! :)

First time layers may not have their bloom/dye all ready yet. Give them time. The egg in the middle comes from my smallest BR. It was a while before the eggs started coming out that dark. 

Good luck with your birds! :)

Thank you. It's all good. What matters the most is what's inside.

Last edited:
G’Day from down under sdunmoyer
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom