G’Day from down under sdunmoyer :frow   Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member.  There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. 

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place.  BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Thank you. I love all the pictures and stories. I'll be sharing also. https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7770780/width/200/
height/400
Here's just a couple of my new additions in their awkward teenage phase. And I'm trying to acclimate a couple of black australorps into the coop which I read originated in your fine country. (Not going very well so far here in Indiana)

Welcome to Backyard chickens. The link wouldn't work for me
sad.png

@drumstick diva
Supposed to be Orpingtons. That's what the tank said anyway. They're like get that phone away from us with their feathers all a mess.

welcome-byc.gif

TwoCrows has given you excellent information. Make yourself at home here and thanks for joining us!

@drumstick diva
Supposed to be Orpingtons. That's what the tank said anyway. They're like get that phone away from us with their feathers all a mess.

They do appear to be a Buff Orp and a Black Australorp, both Orps. But time will tell! ;)

They do appear to be a Buff Orp and a Black Australorp, both Orps. But time will tell! ;)

She does very much resemble the Australorp I have that is a month older. I'm not sure either but in person I can see some differences her feathers are shaped different especially on the ends. It makes sense though considering the Australorp breed was developed with some help from Orpington lines. According to what I've read about them. But yes time will tell Maybe.

Thank you. Glad to be here. There's so much information on here.Very cool.

There are a lot of friendly people on here!
Unfortunately, I can't help with your chicken questions.. Dux stole my heart! Just thought I'd pop in and say hi
wink.png

P.S. Love your chicks!! So cute
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom