New Member !

lrowan4

In the Brooder
May 7, 2017
Hi, My names Logan I have 24 chickens 9 different breeds and 3 ducks. I'm having a little trouble on how to take action if needed on my Silkie rooster being aggressive towards my Polish hens. Do I need to address this issue, is this aggressiveness normal, if so how do I address issue. I'm happy to be apart of BYC!!! looking forward to talking and learning from all of you.

Welcome to BYC!!! :welcome

what is he doing that is aggressive??
how long have you had him?
how old is the flock?
any other roosters?
how many hens?

I have 3 Rhode island red hens and a Rhode island rooster, also have two Silkies ones a hen and ones a rooster. and then I have a Polish hen. all of these birds are all in the same pen and share the same coop. My Silkie rooster is being aggressive towards the polish and Silkie hen. He is chasing them around the pen, jumping on there back and biting the back of there neck and holding them down and pulling feathers out of there neck. they are about 4 1/2 to 5 months old. I have 16 chicks between 6 and 8 weeks old in a separate pen about 10 feet away with Bantam's Wyandotte's, Leghorn's and Rhode island reds and 3 friendly white ducks.

Welcome to BYC!!! :welcome

what is he doing that is aggressive??
how long have you had him?
how old is the flock?
any other roosters?
how many hens?

he sounds like an adolescent boy
pretty normal for a young rooster
he's just figuring stuff out
if he gets too rambunctious you could separate them for awhile

Back
Top Bottom