Cindy Ohliger

In the Brooder
Feb 4, 2018
Hello, and thank you for welcoming me. I live in Ohio. We had chickens many years ago and would like to get back into them. Looking to purchase ten or so chicks when they become available. I have a barn but need to construct something that they can be outside in, that would keep them safe from predators. Was wondering about one of those portable chicken coops that one can move around the property to fresh areas for them. Thoughts? Also, I'm worried about the extreme temperatures. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Temperature: Heat lamps work in the cold and I personally make sure there is lots of shade on the coop in the heat. Also in one end of their run I put light misters up, they seem to enjoy the light amount of water, but not too much and too strong. I also use a water bowl that refills itself, so it doesn't dry out on a hot day.

I live around a place with those predators, I still free range them during the day and they go back in the coop at night. We also have lots of trees for shelter from Hawks. We do have a chicken run and we use chicken wire and it goes about 2 ft under ground, goes up the sides, and we use it as a roof.

Hello, and thank you for welcoming me. I live in Ohio. We had chickens many years ago and would like to get back into them. Looking to purchase ten or so chicks when they become available. I have a barn but need to construct something that they can be outside in, that would keep them safe from predators. Was wondering about one of those portable chicken coops that one can move around the property to fresh areas for them. Thoughts? Also, I'm worried about the extreme temperatures. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
:frow :welcome :frow

Back
Top Bottom