Lana2134567

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2018
Hi I am new to backyard chickens, I first got chickens about five years ago because I had always wanted chickens :) I originally had a barred rock called Pepper, a cochin called Lady Penelope, two blue mottled pekin bantams called Bilbo (because of the feathery feet) and Batman (anagram of bantam). Unfortunately we must of had coccidiosis in our soil because they all got it and we think our rabbits had it :( They all survived accept we think it caused health complications a little later on for poor Lady Penelope and Pepper and they have passed away unfortunately :( I currently have four chickens, the two bantams and two araucanas called licorice and antoinette who were hatched by batman :) When the araucanas were chicks we gave them a feed that was meant to help prevent coccidiosis and I guess it worked. Batman actually hatched three araucana chicks but one that we called Smoky was a rooster and we unfortunately had to give him away :( I first found out about backyard chickens when my chickens got coccidiosis and I was looking for some information online to tell me what was wrong with my chickens!!! I have since been looking on the backyard chickens site whenever I needed some advice and I finally put two and two together that I could have an account :p I love looking after my chickens the best I can and I want to thank the geniuses who created this site!!! Thank-you :)

Alt-WELCOME-farmer-connie-1.gif

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

I am happy that we helped you with the cocci!

Hi I am new to backyard chickens, I first got chickens about five years ago because I had always wanted chickens :) I originally had a barred rock called Pepper, a cochin called Lady Penelope, two blue mottled pekin bantams called Bilbo (because of the feathery feet) and Batman (anagram of bantam). Unfortunately we must of had coccidiosis in our soil because they all got it and we think our rabbits had it :( They all survived accept we think it caused health complications a little later on for poor Lady Penelope and Pepper and they have passed away unfortunately :( I currently have four chickens, the two bantams and two araucanas called licorice and antoinette who were hatched by batman :) When the araucanas were chicks we gave them a feed that was meant to help prevent coccidiosis and I guess it worked. Batman actually hatched three araucana chicks but one that we called Smoky was a rooster and we unfortunately had to give him away :( I first found out about backyard chickens when my chickens got coccidiosis and I was looking for some information online to tell me what was wrong with my chickens!!! I have since been looking on the backyard chickens site whenever I needed some advice and I finally put two and two together that I could have an account :p I love looking after my chickens the best I can and I want to thank the geniuses who created this site!!! Thank-you :)

Welcome to Backyard Chickens sorry about the losses you have suffered

G’Day from down under Lana……. :frow Welcome!

Chicken Sympathy.jpg

I am pleased you delurked and hope you enjoy being an active BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you include your general location on your profile, this will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom