Pop Pop Moses

Hatching
Mar 10, 2018
View attachment 1290928 I'm a new member as well as new to the chicken world. I live in the woods on the edge of the swamp in SC so I tried to build my coop as predator proof as possible. Interested in learning. Here's my setup and flock

Attachments

• 20180308_164030.jpg
    20180308_164030.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180219_182127.jpg
    20180219_182127.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 6
  • 20180308_164117-1.jpg
    20180308_164117-1.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area and I'm sure they would help in reviewing your predator-proofing efforts - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#

The only suggestion I would make is to please use 1/2" hardware cloth attached to your fencing from ground up about 18" to prevent smaller, deadly predators from slinking in.

G’Day from down under Pop Pop Moses :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

Please do check out the Topic of the Week discussions Pork Pie mentioned. I have found these to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining.
This one may be of particular interest to you:
Topic of the Week - Keeping the Flock Safe from Predators

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom