Priscila

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm new to the community and haven't had opportunity to log on till now. I grew up on a farm so I have been around chickens all my life practically, but knew them in a totally different way than I do now. My mother who is 83 also grew on a farm and I take care of her now since she is in the beginning stages of dementia. I had a dream in April that I had to save these baby chicks because they were going to euthanize them because they didn't sell, all day I kept thinking about it and that afternoon went to TSC and had to buy some bantam chicks. Well little did I know I wasn't saving them they were saving me. It turned out that in the mist of those cute babies I had two Silkies I believe. They have brought so much joy to us we can't stop smiling every time we see them we have fallen in love with them, mom just loves to hold them and sometimes doesn't believe that they are chickens :) So I know nothing about Silkies and that is why I decided to join this community so I can make sure I care for them properly.
Not sure if I did this correctly pic attached is of them 26 days after I brought them home. baby chickies (2) 4-29-18.jpg

Last edited:
Great to meet you Priscila, hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do :frow
I think you would also be interested in the "Silkie thread." where you can get more specific answers to any questions. They are a very popular breed.

Back
Top Bottom