k9baron

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2018
Thank you for the add! We have 11 laying hens, six breeds in Montana. This is our second winter with them and they are so fun!! We are all natural, we also have German Shepherds, feed species appropriate diet to all animals, no vaccinations or chemicals. Our hens average 7 eggs daily with a great diet and heat, no artificial light. They ge meal worms daily, greens 3 times a week, and a little snack of leftovers daily. Our temps have been in the single digits this winter, but still average 7 eggs a day. I might add, they have a run that is 12x100 (12x40 when my garden is planted); and free range on our half acre at least 2 hours per day.

Cmgrimberg

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2019
Thank you for the add! We have 11 laying hens, six breeds in Montana. This is our second winter with them and they are so fun!! We are all natural, we also have German Shepherds, feed species appropriate diet to all animals, no vaccinations or chemicals. Our hens average 7 eggs daily with a great diet and heat, no artificial light. They ge meal worms daily, greens 3 times a week, and a little snack of leftovers daily. Our temps have been in the single digits this winter, but still average 7 eggs a day. I might add, they have a run that is 12x100 (12x40 when my garden is planted); and free range on our half acre at least 2 hours per day.
Welcome to BYC. Your environment sounds heavenly!

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium member
Jul 23, 2018
Apalachin, NY
My Coop
My Coop
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I'm not trying to be contrary but how do you get away with not giving at least a rabies vaccine?
Just for your awareness, light affects laying more than temperature.
It sure send like your animals live the life of Riley.
I'm quite fond of dogs of German origin myself, just with less hair!

Top Bottom