New member.

EFulkman

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Started in April

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 5 hens

(3) What breeds do you have? 2 red/2 black sex link and 1 easter egger

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? The eggs of course, plus their personality

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Reading and gardening

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
On disability. Started gardening because I could stay on the ground doing it . Chickens because my husband kept on about fresh eggs and brown eggs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

hi, and welcome,
When i met my future to be husband 20 years ago he disbleaved farm eggs tasted any different than store baught. A total skeptic.
After about two years of my home baking and breakfast making, we were at a resturant for breakfast and he ordered his favorite. Eggs over easy, rye toast, steak, hash browns and coffee. The order comes and we begin to eat and after several bites he looks up to me and says. "Do these eggs have any flavor? They are not good like the ones at home".
I also always have raised banty chickens and the eggs are to small to sell so i mostly would use those for ourselves. He would then tell folks "my wife fixed me an 18 egg omlet this morning!"
Chickens are a kick!
I hope you have as much fun as me adding chickens to your family!
Welcome to the backyard!

Back
Top Bottom