Hello! I am a new member, with 10 brooding chicks of mixed breeds, with more incubating. We have 20 adult coturnix quail, with an incubator full and due to hatch in the next few days. We have a grouchy old Chihuahua and a well-behaved, sweet Yellow Lab. I have always been a "bird person", having helped with wild bird rehabbing throughout my life. One of my sons is a falconer who loves birds as much as I do. We as a family homeschool, garden , hunt, fish, camp, ride horses and hike. We try to be as self-sufficient as possible, and enjoy the physical and spiritual benefits of living close to the land, as simply as possible. I have to admit that I have been checking out BYC for a few years now, and finally realized that I needed to join so I could learn from other "Galliformaniacs" (did I just make that up or is it a real term?)

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!
Where are you located? You can put location in your profile to help the rest of us know where you are.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!
Where are you located? You can put location in your profile to help the rest of us know where you are.

Hi and welcome to BYC! We're glad you joined us! :frow
Galliformaniacs.... I love it! :clap What a fancy way to say crazy chicken folk 😁
Thanks! I admit that the little stinkers have me hooked-they got my husband now too! I am really enjoying BYC so far. I wonder if anyone else sings to their chickens or quail, especially when they're on the brooder? Only my chukars don't seem to like it...😉

Thanks! I admit that the little stinkers have me hooked-they got my husband now too! I am really enjoying BYC so far. I wonder if anyone else sings to their chickens or quail, especially when they're on the brooder? Only my chukars don't seem to like it...😉
Probably. With as many obsess...er...devoted chicken owners, It's a good bet. Right now, all the music going on between us and our first ever chickens is the 3 future chicken dinn...er...juvenile roosters who are learning to crow. I do play the "hen laying egg song" to the girls though, to get them started thinking about laying in a few months...

Back
Top Bottom