sparrow55

In the Brooder
Sep 7, 2020
Hello, I am from northeast Vermont and have had chickens for eggs and love of them for 40 years.As winter is approaching I have 36 hens, no roos anymore. The majority of the flock are youngsters, raised this summer, new breeds for me and I am delighted with their gentleness and foraging ability , Silver Dorkings, Dark Brahmans, Bielfelders, and Cream Leg Bars. Remaining geriatric crew is a 12 year old buff orpington, 3 Black Austrolorps that are about 5 years old. I raise them and keep them, I guess it is sort of a sanctuary. Recently this weekend I bought the remainder of a neighboring farmers layers, 9 of them, who are about a year and a half. I feed organic and they are free ranged on 3/4 acre area that offers grass, trees, leaves and lots of room. I now have 5 Freedom Rangers who are laying enormous lovely eggs, and I find them delightful and pleasant tempered, except Blondie the Orpington is the matriarch and she cannot resist bopping them in the head as she walks by. I intend to let the Rangers live out their natural life, anyone have an idea how long that could be? I had asked in another forum. Oh, and two Runner duck hens , Greyjoy and Khaleesi.

Just wanna say:
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom