sparrow55

In the Brooder
Sep 7, 2020
Hello, I am from northeast Vermont and have had chickens for eggs and love of them for 40 years.As winter is approaching I have 36 hens, no roos anymore. The majority of the flock are youngsters, raised this summer, new breeds for me and I am delighted with their gentleness and foraging ability , Silver Dorkings, Dark Brahmans, Bielfelders, and Cream Leg Bars. Remaining geriatric crew is a 12 year old buff orpington, 3 Black Austrolorps that are about 5 years old. I raise them and keep them, I guess it is sort of a sanctuary. Recently this weekend I bought the remainder of a neighboring farmers layers, 9 of them, who are about a year and a half. I feed organic and they are free ranged on 3/4 acre area that offers grass, trees, leaves and lots of room. I now have 5 Freedom Rangers who are laying enormous lovely eggs, and I find them delightful and pleasant tempered, except Blondie the Orpington is the matriarch and she cannot resist bopping them in the head as she walks by. I intend to let the Rangers live out their natural life, anyone have an idea how long that could be? I had asked in another forum. Oh, and two Runner duck hens , Greyjoy and Khaleesi.

Pork Pie

Flockwit
Premium Feather Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi and welcome to BYC. I can’t help with your question, sorry. Chat with other BYC members nearby using the links in my signature, below (turn your phone to landscape to see them).Make yourself at home and enjoy the forums.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Top Bottom